In Shannon Burn’s interview we discuss:
- What happens to a woman’s sense of style when she becomes a mom and why it ends up being yoga pants most days
- How to clear your closet and make sense of your style
- The Magic of Tidying Up
- Shannon’s thoughts on holding on to clothes that don’t fit
- How to put outfits together
- What ‘Layered by Cake’ means
- Styling for your body type and where to find clothing and body type tips
- Shannon’s story about transitioning from a 9-5 to having her own business
- Working through mom guilt and rocking motherhood
- Being open to the opportunities and experiences coming to you when you move towards following your dreams!
- Learning to lean on help, especially for the tasks you don’t like doing
- Finding your flow in motherhood
Carrie’s favorite quotes from Shannon during the interview:
“If we’re not happy with how we look or how we feel that is will come through in how we parent our kids”
“Patience and faith are the two things that it takes to build your dreams!”
- Shannon’s Pinterest Style Board
- Marie Kondo’s The Magic of Tidying Up book (affiliate link) – this book really helped me shift my perspective on my stuff! Must read!
- Shannon’s favorite stores:
- Shannon’s awesome Facebook community where she offers styling tips for free! Layered With Style
Shannon talks motherhood:
What would you tell an expecting mom about the experience of being a mother?
Brace yourself. Its a wild ride being a Mom but the one thing no one tells you is that its ok to take time for yourself. In fact, if you take time out for yourself, if only makes you a better mom!
And most importantly…ASK FOR HELP! We can’t do it alone and we shouldn’t have to. Your mom tribe is one of your most precious assets in surviving motherhood.
What is the hardest part about being a mom? Biggest frustrations?
Getting it all done and simplifying my life.
I had to learn the hard way that I needed to ask for help. I needed to streamline my systems so I could relax and enjoy my kids without all the chaos. The chaos that happened after my kids were born was almost unbearable. I kept thinking…how do they do it? You know, that cute mom on social with perfect pictures of her kids all matching and looking great. That mom isn’t me but I found a mom way that works for me and I don’t apologize for it. Every mom is different and perfect in her own way.
What is your favorite part about being a mom? What makes all the hard stuff worth it?
The love. My kids love me no matter what. No matter how I look, how grumpy I can get. Its basically the same way I love them…unconditionally.
When you get a glimpse that they love you the same way…it makes everything worth it!
Are you ready for the closet of your dreams?
In this 5 day challenge, you will:
- Save time and energy every morning
- Get that “pulled together” mom style you deserve
- And have a closet FULL of everything you WANT to wear now!