In Jasmine Jafferali’s interview we discuss:
- Her background in exercise physiology and public health, focusing on women and children’s health
- The difference between a food sensitivity and food allergy
- Typical symptoms of food sensitivities
- What she recommends parents do if they suspect food sensitivities
- The food allergy tests that are available: IgG and IgE
- Food elimination diets and how to use them
- Foods that people are most commonly sensitive to: dairy, wheat/gluten, peanut, soy, shellfish, eggs, corn
- Reasons why food sensitivities and allergies might be more common nowadays
- Leaky gut and it’s role in food sensitivities
- If food intolerance are reversible
- How avoiding problematic foods may be difficult to do but why it’s worth it
Jasmine Jafferali, MPH; Healthy Jasmine - Lifestyle and Wellness Consultant
Jasmine Jafferali, MPH is an Lifestyle and Wellness Consultant specializing in gluten free/allergy free living and prenatal, postpartum, infant and family health. It is her personal mission to raise her children to be healthy and happy. She wants to help you do the same and to empower you to make realistic and healthy choices for you and your families.
Jasmine’s passion for health and well being stems from her own childhood. While her love of cooking and baking from scratch came from her own mom’s kitchen, Jasmine grew up drinking pop and hating her veggies. As a result, she was overweight and led an inactive lifestyle. It wasn’t until high school where Jasmine became involved in sports, that she lost weight and began to appreciate what it meant to live a healthy.