- A little about her family and how she ended up moving from Chicago to London
- What it was like packing up to leave
- How the transition affected her kids
- Life in London
- Finding new friends
- If the British are welcoming of people from other countries, particularly Americans
- What some of the things she misses from the US
- The biggest challenges with living in London
- Sarah’s favorite thing about having made the move
- A day in the life with her and her kids
- Visa challenges
- Her advice for anyone who might have the opportunity to live in another country for a while
Sarah talks motherhood…
What would you tell an expecting mom about the experience of being a mother?
It really is the hardest thing you’ll ever do but it’s also the most amazing. Be easy on yourself and understand that you’re doing the best you can with where you are at the time. All of the books and well intended advice in the world can not replace what YOU know in your heart to be true and best for you and your family. Have confidence in that and let it guide you, support you and carry you through your beautiful journey.
What is the hardest part about being a mom?
Knowing when to interfere and when to let them figure it out. And having the discipline and strength to do both. Also knowing when to be firm and when to just give a big hug! My biggest frustration is my desire to move quickly and their need to slow it down. It’s a constant compromise!
What is your favorite part about being a mom? What makes all the hard stuff worth it?
The opportunity to give life and then learn from them every single day since their birth. Watching them grow and become the beautiful souls that they are despite all of our bumps, mistakes and hard days. And the love and cuddles! There really is no other kind like it.
About Sarah Nicoli…
Dr Sarah Nicoli is a chiropractic physician with a gypsy heart and a passion for helping people find wellness, joy and purpose in their lives. She currently lives in the fabulous city of London with her boyfriend and two children where she is loving the opportunity to celebrate her entrepreneurial spirit. Building her own skincare business, helping people achieve the best skin of their lives and guiding others to create their own legacy is the fuel that lights her fire every day.