In Rebecca Kringer’s interview we discuss:
- How she got started as the Lice Lady
- What is lice
- Ways our kids typically get it
- How you would know if your child has it
- Telling the difference between lice and dandruff
- If there are particular parts of the head that lice usually hang out
- How Rebecca typically treats clients – procedure as well as products used
- Essential oil recommendations for keeping lice at bay
- What to do when the letter comes home from the school that there is a case of lice
- If soaking your child’s hair in mayo or olive oil is an effective treatment
- How long it takes to remove all of the nits and bugs
- Steps necessary for treating your home
- What about pets?
- Do lice prefer clean hair or dirty hair
- What working with Rebecca looks like
Carrie’s favorite quotes from the interview:
“It’s not that big of a deal. Parents shouldn’t freak out! It’s not the worst thing that can happen.”
- Rebecca’s friend Jamie at Happy Hair in the Northern Suburbs of Chicago
Listen below or subscribe in iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play!
Rebecca Kringer, Chicago Lice Removal – “The Lice Lady”
Rebecca has a background in esthetics and laser treatments, and is licensed by the state of Illinois. She also has received intensive medical training in lice removal and has a vast knowledge of the important protocols during infestation as well as post-treatment prevention. Since 2008, she has successfully treated hundreds of lice cases throughout the Chicagoland area. Her soft-spoken, kind demeanor puts both anxious children and adults at ease!