In Annmarie’s interview we discuss:
- What conscious parenting is
- An overview of the four key questions every parent can ask to move from conflict to connection in their lives and how these questions can guide you to being more awake, aware, and conscious in your parenting
- The first question: “Where am I?”
- How to use your breath and presence to help answer the first question
- Being “above the line” and “below the line” and what it means relative to identifying where you are in an any given moment
- The second question: “Can I accept myself in this moment?”
- What to do if you don’t accept yourself
- The third question: “Am I willing to shift?”
- If yes, the fourth question: “How will I shift?”
- What to do next if the answer to the fourth question is yes
- Walk through an example from start to finish going through all of the four questions
- Why you might want to consider doing this work (it’s hard!) when it’s much easier to punish or take away toys or privileges
- Dharma Seed app
Carrie’s favorite quotes from the interview:
Annmarie talks motherhood:
What would you tell an expecting mom about the experience of being a mother? Being a mother is the most humbling and spiritual experience you will have! You will learn more about yourself as a mother than in any other relationship in your life. And you never get enough sleep:-) What is the hardest part about being a mom? Biggest frustrations? For me the hardest part has always been letting go and allowing them to learn from their own mistakes. What is your favorite part about being a mom? What makes all the hard stuff worth it? Watching these amazing beings find their passions and seeing them in their joy. I just love witnessing them in their happy place.
Want to listen in? Click to access:
Did you know? Annmarie was a featured expert on The Surviving Early Childhood Summit!
In the summit interview we discussed:
- What being a conscious parent means – and what it doesn’t
- A few easy steps parents can take towards greater consciousness
- How to effectively deal with your full range of emotions and how to teach your kids to do the same
- A trick to help you and your children shift anger into a useful tool
- How to consciously parent and effectively discipline at the same time
- How to embrace your child’s uniqueness and support them in their spiritual journey and celebrate and appreciate that they are helping you in your own spiritual journey
Annmarie’s free gift is her 5-Day Mini Course introduction to Conscious Parenting!
This 5 day course walks through the 4 questions to move from conflict to connection:
- Where am I?
- Can I accept myself for where I am?
- Am I willing to shift?
- How will I shift?
The course is delivered via email and is accompanied by short 5 to 10 minute videos each day.
Annmarie Chereso, Conscious Parenting Coach and Founder: Bring It! Home
Annmarie coaches parents, families, and groups, teaches mindfulness in schools, hosts events, leads online courses, and speaks to groups about the importance of mindfulness, consciousness, and presence.First and foremost a parent, Annmarie has spent the past 18 years perfecting the art of parenting imperfectly while balancing career and relationship. Annmarie understands that the most valuable tool we have is our (relationship to) presence. She masterfully guides parents, educators, and children to help cultivate presence in every moment.
Raw and unedited by nature, Annmarie extends an invitation to everyone around her to show up as they are. She is particularly adept at supporting parents and youth to move through anger—from frustration to rage—and to transform the raw energy that feeds it into a constructive powerful force.
Decades of personal growth development and professional training awoke, refined and channeled Annmarie’s determination to radically support children, families, and educational communities.
She lives in Chicago with her partner and their blended family of five children.
Annmarie was a part of the Surviving Early Childhood Summit.