- Her journey to motherhood, which included 8 rounds of IVF
- The birth of her daughter, McKyla, who was 10.5 pounds and got stuck in the birth canal
- Her 9th round of IVF which resulted in her pregnancy with triplets
- Dani ending up in the hospital at 23 weeks 1 day into her pregnancy
- The premature birth of the triplets, and subsequent 6 month stay in the NICU until the last of the triplets was sent home
- What it was like for Dani and her husband Jim watching the triplets in the hospital and enduring multiple surgeries (15 between the 3 of them in the first year!)
- Her job and how she made things work while the triplets were in the hospital
- How she likes being a stay at home mom now versus a working mom for the first few years of her motherhood
- A little about a day in the life
- Tips for surviving 4 under the age of 4
Dani talks motherhood…
What would you tell an expecting mom about the experience of being a mother?
Get ready for the ride!! You can think you’re prepared, but these tiny people have a way of giggling at your plans. 🙂 Enjoy every moment with your littles & remember they are only babies for a little while. Being an advocate for your child is a big responsibility of parenthood, but such an important job. They cannot speak for themselves, so you are their voice.
What is the hardest part about being a mom?
There are never enough hours in the day! Whether you are working inside or outside of the home, theres so much to be done & so little time to do it in. Balancing work, home, marriage, kids, fun, friendships — mama guilt is a real thing & can have you feeling like wherever you aren’t or whatever you’re not doing is being neglected.
What is your favorite part about being a mom? What makes all the hard stuff worth it?
Watching my girls learn & grow is so amazing. It’s unbelievable to look back & see how quickly they have changed. The sweet moments when they give kisses & sing me songs almost make me forget that they were playing with poop at nap time! I love when they play together & love on each other too.
I’m Dani Steinberg, wife & mama to 4 beautiful little girls living just outside of Des Moines, Iowa. My husband (Jim) and I have been married for 13 years, our oldest McKyla is 4, our triplets – Tinley, Giuliana, & Jasmine are 3. Before you ask – yes, we’re busy & yes – that’s 4 girls! I had a career in corporate training and process improvement, but we decided our girls weren’t getting all they needed in daycare, so I came home full time last fall. I don’t regret it for a second & seeing their progress has been so rewarding.