In Emily Saunders’ interview we discuss:
- Her online support community Momsanity – how it started, what it’s all about and how it is helping moms in the areas of Motherhood, Faith, Fitness, and Nutrition
- The importance of realizing that social media is everyone’s highlight reel
- How a busy mom can prioritize health by eating more and exercising less!
- Being a detective and figuring out what macronutrient (fat *carb *protein) ratio your body does best on
- How less is more when it comes to exercise
- Individuality with food and why it’s so important
- The recent article about the dangers of coconut oil
- Raise Them Well and her husband’s integrative medicine practice (affiliate link)
- Why toxins are problematic, especially with kids
- A few of Raise Them Well‘s products and how they work, including their magnesium roll on
- Why you should make sure to be conscious about what you are putting on your and your child’s skin
- The Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database: use this to check the toxicity ratings of your favorite personal care products
Carrie’s favorite quotes from the interview:
“Moderation is not sexy. It doesn’t promise bikini abs in 6 weeks. It’s not necessarily the most popular, but it is what works.”
- Momsanity shop: (also on Amazon) includes the sliders that Emily discussed during the interview! (affiliate links)
- Emily’s husband Wiggy’s Integrative Medicine Practice
- Raise Them Well shop and Amazon Store (affiliate links)
- Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Database: use this to check the toxicity ratings of your favorite personal care products
Listen below or subscribe in iTunes, Stitcher, or Google Play!
Emily talks motherhood:
What would you tell an expecting mom about the experience of being a mother?
Your life is about to change in an incredibly beautiful way along with your view of the world. Get ready for a wild roller coaster that will bless you and challenge you beyond your wildest dreams. God will give you every bit of grace that you need in this journey. Don’t pretend it’s easy or that you’ve got it figured out. It really does take a village so allow yourself the space to create one.
What is the hardest part about being a mom? Biggest frustrations?
Juggling everyone’s needs at the same time and that elusive word called balance. Kids grow and change so quickly and so each season presents a whole new set of challenges. Mom brain is real!
What is your favorite part about being a mom? What makes all the hard stuff worth it?
I love the opportunity to raise and shape the next generation. I smile so much and laugh so much and love seeing bits and pieces of both me and my husband. Those little boys bring me so much joy and have helped me to see love in a whole new light!
Scratching your head, staring blankly in the fridge wondering what to make for dinner?
Stop the meal planning madness and get my Stupid Simple Dinners worksheet which will give you an easy template to follow to plan a week worth of healthy whole food meals in a snap.
Emily has two free gifts!
Gift #1: 5 Free Workouts to Work Your Core and Your Faith mini-course
Enjoy five 10 Minute workouts that will get your core burning and work your entire body! Get your mind, body and soul right all at the same time! Our Core Beliefs program offers 5 FREE workouts to exercise your CORE (and the rest of your body). These workouts range from 9 to 5 minutes and can be combined for a fast and effective fat-burning workout! We invite you to enjoy a taste of Momsanity as we sweat, laugh and worship together!
Emily & her husband Dr. Wiggy Saunders teamed up for the Fix The Generation Video Series: 5 Things I Wish Pediatricians Would Teach Parents. It includes videos on processed foods, toxins, vaccines, prescription medications, and dirt.
Connect with Emily!
Emily Saunders, Momsanity & Raise Them Well
Emily is the co-founder of both Momsanity and Raise Them Well. Momsanity is an online community of moms who prioritize motherhood, faith, fitness and nutrition. In addition to their online community called the Momsanity Sisterhood, the company produces natural supplements for busy women. Raise Them Well is a partnership between Emily and her husband Wiggy, an integrative MD. The company has quickly become a favorite among parents seeking innovative natural and toxic-free products for kids and families. Emily and Wiggy have been married for almost 12 years and have two wild boys, Adler (4 ) and Hutch (15 months).