Who doesn’t need a little help in the parenting department? Dina Emser, a Positive Discipline coach is here to talk to us about a more positive approach to getting your kids to behave.
How To Get Your Toddlers and Preschoolers to Listen and Cooperate Without Yelling or Nagging
In Dina’s interview you will learn:
- What positive discipline is all about and why you should consider using it
- What your child is trying to achieve by misbehaving, and how to help them get what they’re looking for in a more positive manner
- Why you might want to reconsider saying “nice job” and what you should say instead
- How to deal with toddler tantrums
- What strong willed children are really looking for and how to give it to them without giving in all the time
- A more positive way of using time outs
Dina Emser, Positive Discipline Coach
Dina Emser is an author, keynote speaker and leadership coach. Over the last 15 years, Dina has served thousands of professionals through her trainings, individual coaching and coaching groups. A former principal of an elementary/middle school, Dina was certified as a Lead Trainer with the Positive Discipline program in 1999, and as a Professional Coach in 2000. She has worked on 4 continents with schools and organizations that wish to support teachers and parents with effective tools to build respectful relationships that promote responsible and resilient children. She is a co-author of Roadmap to Success with Stephen Covey and Ken Blanchard. In 2009 she wrote her first solo book, Trusting the Fortune Within.
Dina resides in the Midwest with her husband of 37 years, sculptor, Bob Emser. She is the mother of two successful young adults, and a new grandmother.
Dina was a part of the Surviving Early Childhood Summit.